Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Janieruth Seriously Hurt at eBay Live

I promised you all a report on my visit to eBay Live in Chicago June 19-21. And that will be coming along soon. But first I need to share some related news of a more serious nature.

An eBayer and fellow OSIRockStar, Janieruth was seriously hurt during a visit to the Chicago Art Museum with friends. As I understand it, she somehow fell ten feet over a banister or railing. She suffered serious brain injuries during the incident, but is bouncing back so well it is even surprising the doctors.

Janieruth's immediate family is with her at the hospital as well as others from the eBay and Rock Star community. Besides the weeks in the hospital to help heal her injuries she is facing an astronomical hospital bill that won't all be covered by insurance. In addition her family is facing major expenses staying near the hospital where she will remain for several weeks.

A fund has been set up to help with these medical expenses. As a friend of Janieruth's, I'm appealing to you, my readers, for anything you can manage to give, $10, $5, even a dollar.

No comments: